Saturday, October 9, 2010

A New Start, Thankfully

Sunrise from mountain view.

Image via Wikipedia

Finally, I have a new job, I start Monday!

I can’t count how many applications I have filled out.  My days seemed to drag as I made my way through what little work we had.  And the nights dedicated to the search for possibilities.  Luckily, I was able to spend a few  varied days, actually going around to visit potential employment opportunities, although to no avail.

I was actually getting a little worried.  Every potential employer was telling me the same thing.  Without current experience, as in at least a year within the last five years, they could not hire me.  Many offered schooling, but for a time frame and cost that simply didn’t fit my finances. 

With the economic situation, Things were looking pretty dim indeed.  Then Last weekend I filled out a few more applications on line.  I heard from most of them, basically with the same results as before.  Strangely, the first one I filled out, I didn’t hear from until Wednesday.  They were my saviors, and offered the possibility of work contingent on passing a refresher course.  I have no worries about that, I’m confidant I will pass with no trouble.  Even better, it’s shorter and less expensive than all the others, and it’s local. 

Soon my wanderlust will be fed, and I can enjoy the view from the drivers seat.  After my two week course, I spend about two months with a trainer, driving for familiarization.  Then I’ll be on my own, traveling the 48 contiguous and probably Canada, delivering the goods of society.

Live your life, do your work, then take your hat. – Henry David Thoreau, via Quotations Book.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Side Notes. Design by Pocket