Sunday, September 5, 2010

Labor Day Feast Fantastic

Some chicken, pork and corn in the barbeque

Image via Wikipedia

We had a fine feast today, while visiting Blinda’s sister.  It was the traditional Labor Day party, where the choice of food is beyond imagination.  Everything grilled to tender perfection, and simply dripping with flavor.  We had  smoked beef brisket, grilled chicken, barbecue pork, and so much more. 

The only disadvantage, is after stuffing myself to capacity, I had some difficulty moving.  Will I ever learn?   I doubt it.  How could I stop, with so much flavorful food sitting in front of me, begging to be sampled.

I thought of the boys and girls in uniform, wherever they are.  Hoping they all had a chance to partake of some good food, and friendly companionship.  A brief respite from the drudgery of daily stress.   Gave thanks for those who have sacrificed for the freedoms we all enjoy.

Quote of the Day:
If you really want to do something, you will find a way. If you don't, you will find an excuse.
--Anonymous

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Side Notes. Design by Pocket