Sunday, September 12, 2010

Kindle Publishing, an Interesting Option

Amazon Kindle 3G

Image by wabbit42 via Flickr

I have submitted two of my blogs to Kindle Publishing.  They are currently in the pending status, waiting to be reviewed prior to approval.  If all goes well, people who use Kindle, will be able to get my blogs right on their neat little toy. 

The Kindle, is one of those little things I have had on my wish list for a long time now.  The prices are finally coming down to where at some point it may be manageable.  The new Kindle, is even better than prior versions, with free 3G wireless so you can download in any wireless hot spot.  It also will store up to 3,500 books, and there are already a bunch of blogs available for the Kindle.

Here are some of the features of the new Kindle 3G Wireless Reading Device, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6" Display, Graphite, 3G Works Globally - Latest Generation

    • All-New, High-Contrast E-Ink Screen – 50% better contrast
    • Read in Bright Sunlight – No glare
    • New and Improved Fonts – New crisper, darker fonts
    • New Sleek Design – 21% smaller body while keeping the same 6" size reading area
    • 15% Lighter – Only 8.7 ounces, weighs less than a paperback
    • Battery Life of One Month – A single charge lasts up to one month with wireless off
    • Double the Storage – Up to 3,500 Books
    • Books in 60 Seconds – Download books anytime, anywhere
    • Free 3G Wireless – No monthly payments, no annual contracts
    • Built-In Wi-Fi – In addition to the 3G wireless, you can connect to Wi-Fi hotspots
    • 20% Faster Page Turns – Seamless reading
    • Enhanced PDF Reader – With dictionary lookup, notes, and highlights
    • New WebKit-Based Browser – Free 3G web browsing (experimental)

This is an interesting option, and one I’m trying to take advantage of.  If all goes as planned, I will have another blog listed on Kindle, one dedicated solely to fiction.  I created the site some time ago, and then let it set during my “hiatus”.  I’ve gone ahead, and started posting some stories in parts, and will let everyone know where to find it before long.  It’s something I had been working on long before I even started The Inferno project, and have been meaning to revive for a couple of months now. 

It’s time now, for me to get serious and put some of those ragged ideas I have floating around my head, into some form of structure.  Get those stories out, and on page / screen for others to review, and hopefully enjoy.

Quote of the Day:
Many people take no care of their money till they come nearly to the end of it, and others do just the same with their time.
--Goethe

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Side Notes. Design by Pocket