Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I Won a New Book!

I did it!  I actually won something for a change.  The contest I participated in last week has closed, and I was informed today that I won the novel.  As you may remember, it is titled, A Question of Trust written by Carole Thayne Warburton, who by the way also has a blog called Musings from “OLD” Paradise.

To participate, I wrote two blog posts, one on Ruminations of a Small Town Mountain Boy, and the one here on Side Notes,  Twittered about it, and shared it on facebook.   I was going to write another for Footprints In Time, but ended up getting all involved in some research.  Before I knew it, Monday was over and I was getting ready for work on Tuesday.  Yep, worked right through the night, and didn’t even notice it. 

Be sure to check out Carole Thayne Warburton’s new book Sun Tunnels and Secrets available at Amazon, and I’m sure at your local brick and mortar book store.  For my part, I’ll be sure to post a review of A Question of Trust, and let you know what I think of it.  Not that my opinion carries any weight, LOL. 

As for me, if you have not been keeping up with me on Footprints In Time, I have made some fabulous progress on the family history.  Things are really getting interesting and a lot of fun.   I have even started researching given names, their meanings and possible reasons they were chosen.   It is a fairly unique subject, but quite enlightening.    I started this little side track of research because I noticed that many of my ancestors from the early 1800’s used specific names repeatedly, even within the same family.  They simply changed up the order, and added at least one more.  It’s really fascinating to explore.

Quote of the Day:
Every successful enterprise requires three men - a dreamer, a businessman, and a son of a bitch.
--Peter McArthur

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Side Notes. Design by Pocket