Saturday, September 11, 2010

Change, Seemingly Forever, a Part of My Life.

Lake Karlslundstjärnen empties in lake Runn, n...

Image via Wikipedia

I’m settling in for a, hopefully, quiet, non eventful weekend.  It seems all to often what starts out as a nice weekend, can turn, dull or even worse, stressful, at a moments notice.  I have a lot to do, aside from the family history research, I mean.  

First off, I have to get my poor old truck running again.  It’s been parked for a few years now, after the engine let go on me.  I put a new engine in it two years ago, and then just let it sit, because the fuel costs were so high back then.  Now, I think I’m going to be needing it to get around.  I’ve been using my work truck for so long, I have gotten spoiled.  That appears to be about to come to a drastic end though, so measures must be taken. 

Also, I will be spending a fair amount of time compiling and updating my resume.  A task I’m not looking forward to because of the reasons behind it.  Needless to say, “The Hunt”, is on, and unfortunately, not my usual form of hunting.  I’ll be looking at the trucking industry, and hopefully will be able to find something that allows me to get out of state a little more often.  I would like to find somewhere to settle in until retirement.  Wish me luck, and keep your fingers crossed for me.

“Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” – George Bernard Shaw, via Quotations Book.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Side Notes. Design by Pocket