Thursday, August 19, 2010

Waterfall Fun

Edwards Gardens Water Falls

Image by Property#1 via Flickr

I had an interesting day today.  I visited a future job site, where I will be making a water fall!  Yes, you read that correctly, a waterfall.  This home owner has a stock pond on his property, fairly large one.  He had six semi truck loads of boulders brought in, and stacked them carefully with a very large excavator.  They stand close to 30 feet tall when finished.  He wants me to create a waterfall off those boulders, using water from the stock tank.

This is going to be  a new one for me.  I’m going to have to get a series of pumps, and pipe the water around behind the boulders, and up.  Then set them up so the water cascades over and down the stack of boulders, looking something like the picture above.  All the pipes will have to be hidden from view, and the effect has to appear natural.  So needless to say, this will be a challenge.

Quote of the Day:
God looks at the clean hands, not the full ones.
--Publilius Syrus

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Side Notes. Design by Pocket