Monday, August 16, 2010

I Went And Did It, Started Yet Another Blog!

Ahnentafel von Herzog Ludwig (1568-1593) Holzs...

Image via Wikipedia

Many of you already know, but I went ahead and started a new blog for genealogy and family  history research.  I call it Footprints In Time, because I feel like I’m trailing my ancestors through time.  I hope it will become a resource for people who, like me, are just starting out in this fascinating journey of genealogical research.

I have already made a number of posts, trying to get the blog fairly active.  I’m adding link pages for genealogy blogs, research tools and resources.  The more I get involved with it, the more fascinated I become.  I’m learning new things every day, and sharing what I learn.  I’ll also be doing a genealogy blog round-up, similar to what I used to do on Ruminations of a Small Town Mountain Boy.  It will be a regular series, every Wednesday, just like the Monday’s Writers of The Web

I’ve also created a Facebook page for Footprints In Time, and have started getting a few fans.  I have to admit though most of them are family right now.  Be sure to check it out and click on the like button to become a fan, I can use all the fans I can get.

I may even write a book for beginning or weekend genealogists.  Actually I’ve already started it.  It’s in PDF format so it can be downloaded easily.  I have the preface, introduction, and first chapter done already.  After I get a few the genealogy blog round-ups compiled, I’ll do another book, as a collection of resource, search engine, and blog links, kind of a companion set.

Quote of the Day:
Keep your fears to yourself, but share your inspiration with others.
--Robert Louis Stevenson

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Side Notes. Design by Pocket