Thursday, August 26, 2010

Finally Cool(er) Weather

Mason, Texxas.jpg

Image by Texas Traveler via Flickr

We have finally cooled down to a bearable temperature.  It barely broke the 90’s today, and was very pleasant for a change.  To bad we didn’t have any work, it would have been nice to have this weather the past few weeks when we were swamped with work.  Hey, I have to complain about something, and the weather is always the easiest.

The weather we had been having makes me wonder just how the pioneers of Texas dealt with it.  They certainly didn’t have air conditioning, or fans, so they had to have some kind of trick to stay cool.

I’ve been getting myself all caught up in the research, and running out of time to post to my blogs.  I’m going to have to figure out a method to get myself straight on this little issue.  The only one I’ve kept up with is Footprints In Time, mainly because it’s new, and tied in with my “current” passion.  I guess I’ll just have to start forcing myself to get some blog posts one BEFORE I start in on more research.

I’ve made fabulous progress with the family history, with many new finds.  Now I have to organize it all, and enter it into my new program Legacy Family Tree.  Not to mention citing all my sources, and all that good practice stuff.

Quote of the Day:
A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
--William James

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Side Notes. Design by Pocket