Image by tricky ™ via Flickr
Finally! My internet connection is back up and running at high speed. It had gotten so bad that dialup would have been faster. I spent hours, off and on for 3 days, on the phone with my ISP, trying just about everything in the book to get things working. I was certain it was the router, through which we receive the signal for both computers and the TV. I was sure of it, because even movies on the television were pausing mid stream. As it turned out though, I was wrong.
It only took THREE days to get it figured out, but we discovered that my ISP has different “channels” they can put us on. Some are better than others, and come to find out we had somehow gotten placed on the worst one. Now My connection is faster than it ever has been before.
I wish I had started the whole process last week when I first noticed my problems. For one thing, before we were done, my connection was so bad, I couldn’t even complete a speed test. Now I’m running at 5.38 MbPS download and .98 MbPS upload, which is above average for our area. If you want to find out what speed your connection is running, go to speedtest.net.
|Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement.|