Sunday, September 13, 2009

Twilight settles, while rain holds a steady tempo

twilight

Image by jeloid via Flickr

Twilight has settled on our neighbor hood, while rain beats a patterned tempo on my roof.  Such has been the story of my last four days, nonstop rain and misty darkness.  I’m not complaining though, for it has been good fodder for the short-short stories.  

I have found myself with ample time to dawdle in front of the computer, dreaming up fiction and copying it down.   Strange that a weather pattern so unwelcome to me is the source of such grand mental wanderings.  I’ve enjoyed the weekend far more than I anticipated, and for some reason I think the rain had something to do with it.

I have uploaded the new template on The Inferno, and posted several stories there.  We are having a lot of fun with the site, and getting even more submissions for the writers challenge than I thought possible for a first time.  Swing by and let me know what you think about the new look.  I believe it holds the right attitude for the site and seems to load fairly fast.

Quote of the Day:
Progress depends on people knowing they'll be able to profit from their ideas.
--Deborah Neville

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Side Notes. Design by Pocket