Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I felt like a lone spectator at a movie debut!

Description unavailable

Image by Taylor.McBride via Flickr

It’s like a movie playing out in my head.  I can’t stop, don’t really want to, the story unfolding.  So clear, I can feel the emotion, confusion, amazingly painful longing.  Characters are taking shape, and sharing their traits.  Showing me pieces of personal history. 

That’s what happened to me last night, while I sat in the tub soaking the days weariness away.  No, I hadn’t had anything to drink yet, and was simply relaxing.  I’m not even sure what stimulated the process, just grateful for it.  I let it play out, fighting the urge to get out and start writing it down.  Everything was coming so fast and with unbelievable clarity.  Even the title, flashing in bright marquee lights, impossible to miss it. 

Eventually it did slow to a stop and I tried to start writing it out,  fearful of losing the vision.  My normal process is to just write, refining as I go, write and edit, edit and write.  With this story, I was sure that while I was “playing around” with my detailed descriptions, I was going to lose the rest of the story.  So I did something I’ve never done before.  I outlined the whole thing in my hand written journal.  It took me two hours of continuous writing to get the brief outline on paper, leaving out the detail I so love.   Now I have a map, for a story that will debut along with my new site. The new one you can see…   when I decide to let everyone see it.

 Evil laughter echoing off the walls, as the lights dim,  flicker and then go out. A door creaks and slams shut leaving all in total darkness!


Quote of the Day:
That's right. 'Tain't yours, and 'tain't mine.
--Mark Twain
(when friend said that a certain rich man's money was "tainted")

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Side Notes. Design by Pocket