Sunday, August 23, 2009

We’re getting down to business

Old book bindings at the Merton College library.

Image via Wikipedia

Well now that we have things up and running, and the playful posts over, we’re going to get to what we set out to do.  The Inferno, is to be an outlet more appropriate for the writers who join The Artist Challenge.  The site they use for the challenge, is a little more difficult to post literary works on.  It’s also a means of generating more focus on the challenge.  I have been spending a lot of time promoting the The Inferno, and getting it listed in as many blog directories as I can.  Not an easy task I assure you. 

I’ve also been busy as a beaver, tweaking the template.  I learned a few tricks for SEO, and have implemented them.   I’m still working on the navigation and linking issues.  We don’t have all that much room on the side bar, so we’re limited on what to do.  I’m leaning toward doing a couple of link pages, Site Links, Crew Links, Writer and Poet Links, and Artist links.  There is still so much to do, it’s hard to think straight sometimes. 

I posted a new article this morning, it’s the first of a series I hope to be doing, Art Inspired Fiction.  Lucky for me I have such a great source of artwork for inspiration, with the challenge and Dante’s pub.  Anyway, check out the story, Whitney – Art Inspired Fiction, and let me know what you think.

Tomorrow, oop’s later today, I’m going to be trying to call Heather so we can work out a few specifics.  I’m really looking forward to this teleconference, it should help clear up questions in both our minds.  Hopeful we’ll be able to get some scheduling issues figured out.  I surely don’t want to post something when she had planed to post something.  We’re aiming for a daily post for now, and I’m not sure if we’ll do more or not.  For now, I think daily is going to be just right.

Enhanced by Zemanta

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Side Notes. Design by Pocket