Monday, August 24, 2009

Change Is a Good Thing.

Duo

Image by melolou via Flickr

I have been considering a change to the template over at Ruminations of a Small Town Mountain Boy.  I have had complaints from a few people, mainly my Mother and a few others.  It seems that the dark background  and white font is difficult to read for some. 

In an effort to make things better, I spent close to four hours checking out templates on line.  I found about 30 I liked and down loaded.  From them, I’ve narrowed it down to 5 I really like.  I’m going to create a few test blogs, and will see which templates work out best.  Some of them are harder to tweak than others, but I love a challenge so I’ll be digging in and see what I can come up with.  Now you all know how much I love doing this type of thing.  My goodness how many times have I changed the template over there? 

I thrive on playing in the code, and trying to make it do what I want.  Besides, I’ve learned a few tricks lately about how to make a template more browser friendly.  When I get two or three ready, I’ll put up a poll on Ruminations for reader feedback.

I’m still working on an idea of how to set up my blog roll so it doesn’t slow the page load down so much.  I will probably remove the BlogCataog widget, and MyBlogLog recent views widget.  They play a large part in the slow load.  I can use the buttons to meet their requirements and still keep things loading with reasonable speed.  There are a few other widgets that slow things down, and I’m struggling over a decision about them.

Kel, you don’t have to tell me I’m a little crazy, because I already know LOL.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Side Notes. Design by Pocket