Monday, July 20, 2009

A Weekend of Digital Difficulties

Talk about bad luck, I sometimes think it’s the only kind of luck I have.  After Blinda crashed her computer, I spent the whole night Saturday trying to figure it out.   I tried everything I could think of, all to no avail.   By 5:00 AM, I was so worn and ragged, ready to pull my hair out that I just quit. 

The funny thing is, that as so often happens, once I looked at things in the light of a new day, everything worked out.  I went to Best Buy to talk with the tech guru’s, and got some suggestions.  I ended up spending another 4 hours, correcting things and making it all work again, but I got it done.  It’s certainly better than paying the $199.00 diagnostic fee, and god knows what else to get it fixed.

Luckily most of my data was the external hard drive, so not much was lost.  Unfortunately, my Live Writer drafts were not, and evidently are lost forever.  I had about 10 good posts worked up, and a couple of decent stories.  Now I get to try and recreate much of that work, and see where it takes me.  There were two chapters of Friday’s Fantasy, that I’m hoping I can recreate as well.  I can tell you that I will be sure to save my drafts to the external hard drive or CD from now on.

At least we are back to two PC’s, and not trying to share one.  I’m too easy going to beg for my fair share of time, and it makes for strained relations.  Now I don’t have to worry about that, and I can just IM her if I need something, LOL .

Sample IM Conversation

Me-  Honey bring me a beer please

Blinda- You have two feet and two hands, get it yourself.

Me- Yes dear.

Blinda- while your up, bring me a soda.

Me, Yes dear, grumble grumble moan.

Blinda- Hey can you fix this stupid thing on my computer.

Me- Yes dear.

OK, so I may be exaggerating just a tiny bit, but you get the drift.

Enhanced by Zemanta

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Side Notes. Design by Pocket