Sunday, July 19, 2009

One Day of Peace, Then Fate Stepped in

We had a wonderful day of peace, each of us playing on our respective computer.  Then of course, fate, kismet, what ever just had to step in and ruin it all.  The old computer, Blinda’s, died yesterday.  I tried everything I could think of to resurrect it to no avail. 

I guess we’re just going to have to take it in to be repaired.  I’m sure it’s something I did to it, and not a major fault.  I was removing some of my programs hoping it would speed it up.  I guess I removed something important, because now I can’t even get it to recognize the  Windows boot disk.  This of course means I can’t do a restore from my back up files.

I suppose things will get better, and I just hope I can get the darn thing fixed.  I really don’t want to have to figure out how to buy another one.  Thankfully we have the new one to work with until I can get the other fixed.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Side Notes. Design by Pocket