Thursday, July 16, 2009

A little something different, for me that is.

A golf ball directly before the hole

Image via Wikipedia

For the first time in two years, I took a break and went golfing today.  It was an enjoyable time, and something completely different than what we’ve been doing.  Since I moved down here, I would go just about twice  a month.  But for the past two years, I kept telling  myself, I couldn’t afford it.  Today, I decided that sometimes you just have to say,  “What the heck”.  

It made for a relaxing day, even though I shot a 115, which is about my average.  I never said I was any good, I just enjoy the sport for the fun of it.  It was a little warm, but that made for an easy round, with no one pressuring us.  Most people don’t go out golfing in this kind of heat.

Every time I think about the fact that I play golf now, I have to laugh.  Ten years ago, I would never have dreamed I could be found on the course chasing that dammed little ball around.

Enhanced by Zemanta

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Side Notes. Design by Pocket