Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Thank Goodness for Sunflower Seeds!

2 days, without a single cigarette!!!! Woo Hoo!  I tell you this is one of the hardest things I have done in a long time.  My thoughts are scattered to the four winds, and I am unable to concentrate for long periods of time.  I know however, that I can and will do this. 

One of the few things that keeps pestering me more than anything is my unconscious habit of reaching for the pocket I kept my cigarettes in.   It’s almost like I need the security of something in that dam pocket.  So I stated carrying chewing gum in that pocket.  You would be amazed at how much that little tiny detail seems to comfort my thoughts. 

I am also eating everything in sight.  If it’s not nailed down, it’s fair game as food or snack.  Yesterday, I ate three packages of sunflower seeds, two bowls of soup four sandwiches, three hotdogs, two bags of potato chips, a whole lot of venison jerky, and six oranges.  That’s not even counting my regular breakfast lunch and dinner.  Thank god I have a high metabolism.

I just need to figure out how to settle my thoughts, and think along a straight line again.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Side Notes. Design by Pocket