Friday, March 6, 2009

Interesting Mythology, on the American Front.

I just finished reading a pretty good book. The Wailing Wind by Tony Hillerman.  The story is intriguing and fun to follow, and you will have to follow. The story line has enough twists and turns to keep you guessing what will happen.  Once you think you have it figured out there is yet another question added to the fray. 

What I really found interesting in the story though, was the detail of knowledge the author had about the Navajo Indian lore and beliefs.  Hillerman goes about educating his readers in a way that you’ll not even know you have just had a lesson in Navajo culture.  So much so, I now want to study some Indian Lore and legends.  I find many of the Navajo beliefs very comforting and simple in nature.  Take for instance, I never knew that if a person had more than they needed, it was considered an evil thing.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Side Notes. Design by Pocket