Thursday, March 12, 2009

H.R. 45, An Outright Assault on the Second Amendment


   Day 4, smoke free! 
    
The new bill introduced to the House, H.R. 45 The Blair Holt Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act 2009, is being put through the government process to be made into law.     I think everyone should read the bill, see what it’s all about, and make their own decisions.  Here are a few links to information about this bill.

Summary of the proposed bill  

Full Text of the proposed bill

What I understand to be the gist of this proposed bill, is it will require licensing of all gun owners.  Requiring gun owners to submit to mental and physical evaluations.  The authorities will  have the right to enter your home to examine how you store your weapons.  There are many other threats to the second amendment that will come with this bill.  I am not in favor, hell I’m totally against this bill. 

It’s a far more restrictive firearms control bill than ever proposed before.   For instance, it would outlaw handguns and any rifle with a clip.   I have friends who have hunting rifles that have a four round “clip” that would suddenly be illegal.  A clip is any magazine that can be removed from a weapon.  The clip holds the ammunition for the weapon. 

You all know I am not a big political nut, but this smells like an outright assault on the second amendment to me.  So if you are a hunter, as I am, and own a firearm, I suggest you read this bill and then make your voice heard. 

Personally I hope H.R. 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009 get’s SHOT down quickly and with finality.  

On to better news, today is day 4 of nicotine free life for me.  I’m still positive, and doing pretty good.  I have started the phase where I’m coughing up all that crap caused by smoking.  I hope that ends soon,  it is not very pleasant.

Related articles by Zemanta

Enhanced by Zemanta

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Side Notes. Design by Pocket