Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Add on’s for Collaborative Writers Corner

I’m going to set up a Side Note’s widget for Collaborative Writers Corner.  This time I will try very hard to make Blogger Buster’s hack work.  It uses a filter to prevent post with certain tags from showing on the main page.  Then you simply burn a feed for that tag, and put it in a widget on the side bar.  This way readers can see them at the same time they read the regular post’s.  The other advantage, is that any writer with permission to post, can make a side note to promote an event on their own blog. 

There is one thing I’m having trouble with.  I want, desperately, and table of contents that I can make as a fly out form or post, with out reloading the page.  If anyone knows of a way to do this, please let me know.  Blogger Buster listed one from another site, but I can not get it to work with my template.  As a mater of fact, the code for it disrupts the colander widget.  I will eventually need  a quality table of contents to ease reader navigation.  I’m even considering a tabbed widget, one tab for each genre.  I’m open to any ideas on haw to do these things. Hoctor has a good tabbed widget, but I’m wondering if there is anything better out there.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
Side Notes. Design by Pocket